Holiday Inspiration - The 6 Layer Christmas Tree

Because everyone needs a little inspiration, I recently attended a Webinar on "Simply Stunning Designs for the Holidays".  It was incredibly informative and full of great ideas!  My favorite was a little thing called the 6 Layer Christmas Tree by my new friend, Anne Kelly owner of Anne Kelly & Company (annekellycompany.com).

Anne is an incredibly talented Floral Designer who has taken the Christmas Tree to whole new level!   Her idea of tree "stuffing" instead of tree "trimming" inspired me to create six idea trees of my own.  Here are a few of my favorites:



Stuffed full of round pink and lime-green shiny stripped or frosted glass ornaments, embellished with bejeweled pink butterflies and green dragonflies and lavishly adorned with white boa feathers and pink polka ribbons for garland, this tree is the preppy girl in me's favorite!


This magnificent tree begins with red, silver and navy glass ornaments of different shapes, embellished with small parade-sized American flags and completed with my own Official White House Ornaments lovingly collected since I moved to Washington.  This gorgeous tree truly honors our country as well as celebrates the season.


 
 This beautiful tree began with two-inch wide red and white checked ribbon for garland and oversized MacKenzie-Childs courtly checked and stripped ball ornaments (courtesy of my friends at Urban Country in Bethesda). I then stuffed the trees with additional silver and red glass ornaments of different finishes and beautifully embellished red glass birds. To add a little holiday sparkle, silver stars are tucked into the branches at varying levels. This idea tree is so elegant and is the one that mostly resembles the actual tree in my own home!

Need a little inspiration of your own or a little help in putting it together? One Pretty House Interiors can help!


Webinar can be purchased at http://%28www.thesdp.com%29/
Official White House Christmas Ornaments can be purchased at http://www.whitehousehistory.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment