The Christmas Table



This year, instead of the traditional formal china, I opted for a table setting that really coordinated with my color theme of red and silver. 

I began by layering a crimson table cloth with a table runner.  Look closely, it has a special Christmas story scripted on it!


 Then each place setting is 5 layers: silver charger, white dinner plate, crimson napkin, white salad plate and special appetizer plate. 
I love white tableware, it's SO versatile!  


I prefer low simple centerpieces on my dinning table.  It makes it much easier to keep the centerpiece on the table throughout the meal, because guests aren't stretching to see around it.  I used my favorite vase (an incredible find at Home Goods)with white faux Hydrangeas.





A few simple touches to make the table really sparkle.
I think I've created a new traditional table setting.

(items collected through the years from PotteryBarn)

No comments:

Post a Comment