Washington DC Design Center





I love visiting the The Washington Design Center! At the corner of 3rd and D Streets SW stands eight carpeted floors of showroom after showroom of the most wonderful home furnishings and accessories known to man, woman or child! I had my first visit as an "official" trade member early this summer and it was like nothing I had ever experienced before.
The morning started out with one of my best girl friends, my sister and me flitting from gallery to gallery as we ooh'd and aah'd at this piece or that.  We climbed staircases, took elevators and explored hallways collecting brochures and samples from almost every vendor we visited.  I was like a kid in a candy store!  Each fabric, paint and wallpaper sample brought a smile to my face. Traditional, contemporary, modern or antique piece - each seemed better then the previous and the floors seemed never ending.  It was a fabulous experience.
 By midday my tired and surely overwhelmed, but very good-natured companions allowed me to drag them along to "just one more" floor until even I was dizzy with the sweet, sweet sensations of everything I had seen and touched.

If you have the opportunity to visit The Washington Design Center, I HIGHLY recommend it. Mark your calenders as this year's Fall Design House Potomac Fever opens Friday, September 25th and continues through December 12th. This year, The Center has partnered with Southern Living Magazine and a number of talented designers to create a design house that celebrates all that is Washington DC! Admission is free and the center will be open to the public Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm and Saturdays, 10am- 3pm.  See you there - I'll be the one with the childlike grin on my face!


 photos courtesy of The Washington Design Center

No comments:

Post a Comment